Monday

Peace Meme

Peace Meme


http://www.peacememe.typepad.com
"Peacefully Spreading Peace, One Bumper at a Time"

Peace Meme is about my own internal struggle to
"peacefully spread
peace." My belief is that anyone who wishes to
work for peace needs to
start inside themselves, then work out to family,
friends, and
colleagues, and then to the local, national, and global levels.
You
cannot pursue peace with anger in your heart,
and you cannot use
violence as a means to peace.
With these beliefs as a foundation, how is
one to act in a bitter, divisive environment?
I share my thoughts and
struggles in this process, in hopes that others
will share in
cultivating peace both internally and externally,
thus propagating the
Peace Meme. While my political leanings are
progressive in nature, I am
open to civil, respectful dialogue and
discussion of all political
persuasions.
There is also a physical manifestation of the Peace Meme,
which is
my green "Support Peace" bumper ribbons.
These magnets create a
positive, non-partisan message that will
hopefully begin to encroach
upon the idea that war and violence are
inevitable realities, and only
hippies and wackos think peace is possible.
Peace IS possible, but it's
up to each of us as individuals to find it,
create it, and share it. My
hope is that the "Support Peace" ribbons will crop
up everywhere. A
large percentage of any proceeds (currently set at 25%)
will go to
organizations that actively support peace.
The first quarter's recipient
will be CARE, for their work in Darfur.

No comments: